Well we made it, so what's that song, "if we make it through Decemeber..." hehe. Anyway, so we got everything done the last week before Christmas. I was so happy to find a replacement for our Christmas ornament tradition. I really love our Christmas Tree and traditions. Even the year Alex was born I would get an ornament from Walmart and put his picture on the back of the ornament, so when we had Katelyn we continued it. So for the last 15 years each child would get an ornament from Walmart and we would tape their picture. The ornaments are gold brass and flat, so anyway, two years ago Walmart stopped carrying the ornaments. Any other stores the price was way too high to buy ornaments like that. Anyway after searching every store I can find, I found a replacement. My tree looks so nice, now its only a few bulbs and the rest the kids ornament. I love looking at all the years Christmas past.
So anyway on Christmas Eve we got up early and took the kids to the movie. The Narnia Chronicle was a great movie. Anyway, it had a wonderful message of fighting evil and working through your own personal temptations to fight evil. The kids loved it. We came home had a nice lunch and took a big nap.
We got up, made dinner. Carolyn spent a few hours curling Evelyn, Madelyn and Jaclyn's hair! Anyway, we all got dressed, did a real fast pictures before heading out the door. We went to see the lights at the Wayne park. The kids were so excited. Rosa was so excited. She kept saying, "Look Daddy-ober there--its cute!" Then we went to Mass. The church was packed! What a beautiful tribute to Jesus on his birthday. The church was decorated so beautiful. Rosie wanted the baby Jesus doll! haha. Anyway, the dinner after Mass was super yummy. I needed it, Tony was a bit fussy so I had to nurse more than I usually do.
We got home, got the kids to bed and finally got to sleep pretty late. The kids slept in until 10am!
Opening gifts was so fun. The kids were so excited. Katelyn got a mp3 player, Jaclyn a piano you can take with you, Carolyn hair and art stuff. The big girls got jewelry. Joe got tools, lego's and binoculars. He was telling me the other day what the guy next to us at the gas station paid for his gas! Evelyn and Madelyn got a bunch of Barbie things, and cute dresses for them, that are really pretty nice dresses. Mikey got a train and dinosaurs and Rosie doll baby and a few things so everyone was very happy.
I got Steve jeans and a new church missal. And I got a computer and cameara so we are very blessed to pull Christmas out. Now lets cheer for the New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment