Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adventure to Omaha

So we made it!  Anyhow, lets go back to last week, the last week of school was insane.  The kids schedule was so busy and I was even busier trying to keep up with them and finish up the packing and cleaning.  So the truck arrived and as we prepared to begin loading the rain came in, and let me tell you it rained and rained and rained.  Massive thunder and ligtening the entire 2-3 days we had for loading.  It was exhausting because we could load for a few minutes and have to stop for hours, to go back to it, each time there was a break in the weather.  We were pretty upset at the progress because of the rain, and the stress of it all was piling up on me.   On wednesday, we had planned on getting all the loading done and well that didn't happen.  I took Madelyn to get her cast off and then I went to the bank to make a deposit and lo and behold I pulled a genius moment--I lost the deposit in the machine putting it in the wrong slot, so that was an ordeal getting that straightened out.  An Atm technition will have to come out to the bank and take apart their machine! 

So the school picnic was nice, but our minds were elsewhere, all the work we had left to do and we were still planning on leaving the next day.  So we got home to you gussed it....rain!  We got as much done as we could and woke up the next morning to finish up.  We expected them to pick up the trailer in the afternoon, and were loading, we put up the barrier, and Jaclyn actually was behind it fitting in as much little stuff, and lo and behold the man shows up to pick up so we had to get Jaclyn out and so now we are faced with fitting the rest in the van and pickup!  So the company drives off with our trailer of things and we are sitting there trying to finish...we worked so hard, and in the meantime I was cleaning the house, and finally around noon we were able to leave, much later than we had hoped to get started.  Mind you this is also Jaclyn's 13th birthday!  So she got to ride in the front the whole day.  We had to go to the optical shop because Jaclyn has broke her glasses the day before.  Got that done and was on the road by around 1pm.  We drove only 300 miles this day, and found a place for dinner and then went swimming.  That was the nice part.  The water felt so good on our aching bodies, the kids had a blast.  Tony was reserved, but Rosie was a fish.  We then  got to sleep and had to drive 500 miles the next day. That was tough, my back was out, each moment behind the wheel hurt and I just was exhausted.  Driving through Iowa was endless!  Once we go to De Moines I was so releived, and got a huge cup of coffee for the rest of the way.  Well about 100 miles before home i had to go to the bathroom so bad, but we were so close so I wouldn't stop.  I should of stopped, but I just wanted to be home.  We pushed and pushed. 

I called Steve on the cell as we drove over the bridge into Nebraska (picture above )  and knew we'd be home in 10-15 minutes, by this time I have to pee so bad.  When we left Michigan I had a few moments of, *I'm sorry it didn't work for us* and I thought about my Dad, who loved Michigan so, and leaving Marilyn's resting spot, but I didn't really have any sort of regrets, but I thought of Daddy, leaving Michigan so many times.  Well the closer we got to Nebraska my arm started itching worse and worse.  My dad had a funny little tick, his arm itched and he would always be rubbing his arm, and I kept catching myself rubbing my arm the way he did...so I guess he's pretty ok with me finding a new home.

Mikey was very excited, and I was telling him ok, Mikey we are almost there, ok, Mikey this is Maple, ok, Mikey we have to turn at the light...and so on.  He got so excited when we pulled into the driveway, now mind you I have to pee so bad now, I hopped out, the lockbox on the door came open just perfectly and I ran for the bathroom, I can hear Steve hollering, "where did your mother go" and I could hear Carolyn say, "she has to pee, bad"  haha!  The house looks very pretty, our friends ( the family ) who rented the house, did so much for us to make us feel welcome.  Mary made us dinner and desert even with Milk in the frig.  The house was cleaned perfect, and her husband Duane even kept the staircase rails off to help us for moving.  It was nice coming home to that.  And the little kids love the swing set they left.

I have lots of plans for the house, but that will come in time, right now, just to get our stuff and start unpacking.  I see lots I want to do, but am taking it slow...no rush...since we are now home.

Pic's to follow maybe tomorrow.  Now off to bed.  And a post for Jaclyn to commemorate her birthday tomorrow, I need to download a few pic's first...So off to go take a bath in my bathroom (its so nice having my own tub--not the kid community tub anymore) and off to rest in my quiet bedroom (its in the basement and its quiet)  oh, before I get off I'll do a quick explanation of the house.  It has a very large driveway, two car garage.  From the street the house looks like a small ranch, its just the way the house sits.  You walk into a large breezeway, which will serve as entry and dining room.  To the right is the garage, to the left 2 steps up to a small hall and kitchen, further down the living room which and left is a hallway, that leads to a stair case or the 3 bedrooms.  Boys in one room, big girls in another room and little girls in the other.  There is a full bathroom near the bedrooms.  Down the stairs to a big playroom, large desk across one wall and very open and kid friendly.  they love it.  And my bedroom with full bathroom and laundry is down here too, its more garden level, not all the way under ground.  It serves us well and the yard is nice for the animals and kids, so everyone is happy.

The kids are thrilled, Mikey is happy, Rosie loves the house, girls like it, Joe and Mikey are busy playing mostly, Evelyn and Madelyn have much to do running around, Jaclyn seems very happy too (but she probably won't admit it)  Carolyn tried to take over my kitchen, Katelyn likes taking care of the breezeway/dining room, so its nice to be home...and its comfy to be home. hehe!  Let the unpacking begin!!! 

No comments: