Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Friday, July 20, 2012

Priest Meeting

Spiritually this was a glorious week and one that was so overdue for us.  We were blessed to have a home visit from our parish priest Fr. Radecki from Michigan.  It worked so perfectly, he visited with all the kids seperately and me and Steve together.  He taught Michael and Rosalyn the ten commandments, sang with the children, and spent time with the teen agers showing them some of his recent projects.  He has written a new Latin book for highschool (which he teaches back home in Michigan) also a new Catechism book for highschool (which again he teaches back home) and also a new book coming soon regarding the changes in the church.  The kids were enthralled with his book and excited about it, since they are taking these classes right now they were the perfect critics! 

We also had two teenagers visiting and another 2 showed up, and his brother was the parish priest for these kids in the past, so Father knew them and their family and spent time with them in my dining room seperately. 

It really is a beautiful thing to watch a true Parish priest attend to his flock.  I had forgotten how gracious of a priest he is, and the reminder was so welcomed and missed.  I had a situation that upset me this week, and it was so wonderful how he just has the ability to put it in persepctive and to help one deal with their little splinters in life. 

Joey was able to serve for him everyday of the priest meeting and Joey was so happy and excited.  I was happy for him.  And he also made time for us to go to confession.  He was very attentive in the midst of the priests very busy schedule.  On Wednesday, their was a luncheon and it really is the only time to visit with the priests, since I had, had his councel, I introduced him to a few other mothers that I knew he would be a great inspiration to.  I visited with a few other priests.  Sat with Fr. Kasmir from Spokane (he is the priest that administered the last sacrament to my father, along with the Bishop) and we were able to attend all of Fr. Radecki's masses, even the private one.  The private one was today and it was amazing!  It was in the choir loft and its very small up there, I had never been privy to be up there for a mass before, literally I was about 2 feet from Joey as he was serving, have never had such a birdseye view of the Mass.  It was beautiful, all of the kids were very excited, Carolyn said it was the best Mass she ever attended.  We were a bit sad to leave today, knowing we won't see him again for a year when he returns next summer, but feel blessed to have such a devoted priest even if its long distance.





No comments: