Well, its been a very busy few weeks, very busy. So last month after Steve's birthday, a young lady Carolyn went to school with was married in Denver. Me and Steve have been friends with her parents a long time and honestly her Mom is one of my most favorite people in the world.
I really wanted to find ways to get the older girls chances to have social times with other like Catholic's so Carolyn, Joe (his best friend is the bride's brother) and myself drove to Colorado with Gwena.
What was suppose to happen is Carolyn's best friend from Michigan was suppose to fly in, we would pick her up at the airport, stay at Steve's parents, go to the wedding and reception (in Silverthorne) and then drive her back to the airport. Carolyn was very excited.
We got to Steve's parents which was so nice to see them but what was even nicer was the chance for Gwena to see her grandparents without all the kids there, she got to spend some real quality time with her grandparents, played babydoll with her grandma and it was t he low key she needed to really spend time with them.
Sadly Monica (Carolyn's friend) missed her flight and Carolyn was pretty bummed. We had a decent time at the wedding but I noticed that Carolyn wasn't having quite the great time I thought she would and I was a little disappointed but I think without Monica there, she enjoyed herself but not as much is she would had, if her friend would of made it.
I enjoyed conversations with some old friends, that I've known a long time, realize that other Mom's are in the same boat as myself, we worry about our adult kids and the world, them having friends of like faith, them staying true to their faith, them not having too hard of times as they go out in the world... isn't that every parent's fear. So it was nice to have a meeting of the mind with Mom's that deal with exactly the same things we do.
Anyway, we were fortunate enough to be able to visit with Grandma Judy and attend the Sunday Mass in Denver.
We headed back out, and beat the big snow storm! It was a very quick visit, it was meant for Carolyn to be able to visit with other young Catholic adults, it wasn't perfect but it was very nice. We enjoyed the time with Steve's parents and Grandma Judy, were able to go visit my Alex's grave, see the mountains a little and get home to a houseful of littles that missed their Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment