Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Monday, January 10, 2011

The Family!

So today is one of my favorite Sundays, celebrating the Holy Family.  (Jesus, Mary & Joseph) the model of all family. Which was one of my father's favorite devotions.   I think its a good day to reflect on what our goals are for our family unit.  I find in the hustle and bustle of regular life, holidays, events, kids, school, homework, toddlers, babies and teenagers-its easy to get distracted on what it is we want to be.  So I take today, to think about what it is I have done and want yet  to do. 
The most important thing is to keep faith and devotion alive in our home.  The relationship between husband adn wife.  My goal is for my husband to always be my best friend, someone to confide in and to share with, and to laugh with...oh, we must giggle and laugh!  Humor is such a great medicine!  Recently, me and Steve were teasing, and he looked at me with his humorish smirk (because he thinks he is so funny) and tells me that I'm whacked in the head!  I couldn't believe it, so now its this great joke we have together, now when one of us says something that seems off the wall we say, "...its cause your whacked in the head"  hehe. 

Our top priority is and will always be our children.  They are becoming wonderful people.  We enjoy the older kids just as much as we have always enjoyed the little ones.  To teach them and now to enjoy them is a wonderful gift.  It also reminds us to keep plugging away and do for the littles as we did for the big kids. 

Anyway, a few random thoughts-today as I was sitting in church I was very inspired by the Epistle read for the Holy Family Sunday.  It really is what I feel should be my mantra, my words to live by.  Below is the Epistle:

Brethen, Put ye on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, the bowels of mercy, benignity, humility, modesty, patience: bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if any have a complaint against another: even as the Lord hath forgiven you, so do you also.  But above all these things have charity, which is the bond of perfection; and let the peace of Christ rejoice in your hearts, wherin also you are called in one body; and be ye thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you abundantly, in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, hymns and spiritual canticles, singing in grace in your hearts to God.  All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God and the Father by Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments: