August means a lot of things around here, summer is about over, school supplies need to be bought, clothes need to be in order but around here August means Grandma and Grandpa Cichos and Uncle Dennis come to visit. We so look forward to this. Kids start working on their card playing ability, Rosie starts practicing her singing, I look forward to a few days of relaxation and chit chatting catching up and we plan as little as possible, on purpose! I think we need the calm down as much as anyone else! Especially me, I must say...all summer long, run, run, run but when the grandparents come its just time to enjoy the family.
This year grandpa and grandma brought a lot of pictures I had given them through the years and some grandpa printed from my email updates, it sure was fun looking through the pictures. We worked on a project to send grandma and grandpa home with a book that entailed each child with their birth stats and other important milestones. I enjoyed putting it together, and the left over pictures I'm going to save for the children, so they can build their own photo books. So that was fun.
We laughed at some of the song's Rosie sang that she heard off the radio! Gong to have to watch that radio, that's for sure. Gwena said both grandma and grandpa while they were here. Joe stuck to his grandpa like glue, buddies since the very beginning! The kids enjoyed playing hide the thimble and cards, along with the little ones learning war and Tony learning numbers with grandma. All in all we had a great visit.
We had some funny moments with Dennis and Rosie. The kids have always really adored Dennis, its so funny because he's a your cute and nice to be around and all...but you are also a loud little person. hahahaha. I'm just kidding of course. So now they have gone home, darn... that means.... time to get ready to get real busy.... oh, well it was great while it lasted!
 |
| Their 67 Wedding Anniversary is on the 18th! Isn't that just so awesome! |
 |
| Oldest and Youngest...brothers...and friends... |
No comments:
Post a Comment