Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Sunday, August 24, 2008

First day of school has arrived!

I did it! 5 kids....school clothes, school supplies, etc. It was NO EASY FEAT THIS YEAR! I had to go to so many stores, nothing was at the same store, and being this far along made it harder to get it done.

A few changes, school ends at 3:00 instead of 3:30 to help with parents driving through rushhour. And the 5th grade is staying in the younger room and not move over until the 6th grade. I think a plan for aiding the homeschool parents that are homeschooling highschool is beginning. So we'll have to see how that pans out, and I can't wait to hear all the in's and outs of that.

And sadly things didn't work out with Joey. He was suppose to get bumped up to 4th grade Math, but we were to have a certain amount of work done over the summer and we just couldn't accomplish it. Joey is disappointed and honestly I am too but its just the way it is. And Joey learned a valuable lesson, sometimes when you try but you just don't get done, you have to abide with the consequences. I met with both Sister's and they said they will keep him at his current level and supplement when its needed for him to stay challenged. So I can't ask for more than that.

Jaclyn asked me to cut her hair today. I relunctantly did so. And all the kids are excited and ready for morning. I'll have to update and let you know how things go with school. We have a nice size group this year and happy about that.

No comments: