Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Katelyn




I have a teen-ager! I can't believe she's 13. 13 years ago, tonight I was in the hospital. I had, had what I thought at the time to be pre-term labor and the doctor decided what was best was to induce. I was so desperate to hold my baby that I agreed. It was four years earlier that I had given birth for the first time, and for four years I prayed for the chance to be a mother again! So there I sat, all night long waiting for morning. Also being the day before my precious Alex's birthday I was filled with so much anxiety!


The induction was much more than I bargained for, but when I finally was willing to give up and get pain med's. It was too late, and she was coming. And before I knew it, there she was. 6lbs 13oz! So tiny, and so precious. My Katie-did! And now, my little precious baby girl is this really tall (5ft 9in) teen-ager.


Katelyn is special. She has a heart of gold. She loves very deeply and hurts very deeply. She craves affection and loves to hug. She loves Carolyn I think more than anything. And cares deeply for all her siblings. She is still Mama's girl. And she still calls her father, "dada" She is funny. So funny. She has a great since of humor but as my dad would say, she has a mean streak a mile long. She sure can get mad. She frustrates easily and she is very sarcastic. But she forgives everything, she is loving and selfish all rapped up into one. But as she grows, her positives keep growing and her little antic's seem to strink. I'm very proud of her. Now if I can make it through the next seven years and see her through these teen years....that will be something! haha!

1 comment:

NANCY From the Shore said...

Ahww she is such a sweety!I'm so sad we're so far.I wish your family could be near ours.I was seriously thinking of homeschooling,but nipped the idea (long story).
XOXOXO HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATELYN!
I'm sure the next few years will FLY by so fast..it'll make you rhead spin.I know you'll do FINE!
They just need boundaries..and you're strict,which is wonderful!
GOD BLESS U ALL!