Mama of Many-Daddy too!







Come on In--



Sunday, September 21, 2014

Our 2014 Family Vacation

As most people that know large families, know vacations are pretty rare.  This is no surprise as much I'd love to have a vacation, there is the cost of gas, lodging and food.  I regret that we haven't been able to take more family vacations but it just hasn't been very easy for us to do.  We got a phone call from our very close family friend that really has been family for a long time, that he is getting married over labor day weekend and would like us to come and Steve to be his best man and Rosie to be the flower girl.  We had a place to stay and we really didn't want to say no.  So to Michigan we headed.  It was a glorious trip.  It was so needed and we were welcomed with many welcome arms.  I had forgotten how much we meant to the parishoners in Michigan and it was a bit overwelming at first.

We drove straight through not getting in until midnight!  This was at the rest area right over the boarder.  I was feeling a sense of peace and connection.  It was kind of amazing, I didn't expect that.  I guess its more like you know this is "back home"  I suppose that's what Michigan will be to us, it will be our "back home".



No comments: