We got up early for Mass. We said our goodbyes, had breakfast at our ol' standby L. George's. We were surprised to find out our good friends the Bako's had paid for our breakfast. And then to receive another gift from our good friends the Hipps, with some travel money to go home, which actually paid for our hotel room at Lake Michigan. Because our 20th Anniversary is this month we drove to Grand Rapids after Mass for a little visit to the lake. It holds special meaning. We went to Lake Michigan on our 10th wedding anniversary and again after my dad died. It was Michael's birthday too,
If I had to do it again, honestly I might have wished to spend more time at the lake, but I'm appreciative for what I got. It was an odd day, foggy. But we sure had a great day. Then off to the hotel for rest and the very long ride home...
No comments:
Post a Comment