I learned a long time ago and my mother was very big on this, dress nicely for job interviews, it does matter. Sometimes our teens don't really know this stuff and its our job to help them. Carolyn came out for her interview in very casual clothing, I told her to change, that you want a great first impression, show you are responsible, etc. She balked at me a little and changed. She looked very nice in a skirt, blouse and nice shoes. She had two job interviews at two different stores. Now here is the funny part, she got the first job and we were happy because its the store we wanted her to get. The manager asked for me to come in and sign a paper giving them permission for a drug test for her. So I went in and this is my regular store where all the cashiers know my face, but they didn't know Carolyn was my daughter. So I go to customer service with my usual, "hi sweetie, my daughter got a job here and I need to sign a paper for her to get a drug test" And the manager says, "yes, your daughter, the very smart one that is a college student at 16, repsonsible and the only one that wore a skirt and looked nice" Ooooooh, Yeah....bonus points with the teens.... haha. So the moral of my little story, first impressions matter! Tody the other store called to give her a job. She turned it down, but it felt pretty good to know out of two stores she would of been hired at either one by her first impression. Good job Weezy!
No comments:
Post a Comment