Normal? So what exactly is normal? We've never had normal so not sure its normal but guess its as close to normal as you can imagine. haha. So school started this week. Been a whirlwind and have to admit I'm glad the weekend is here. So first Rosalyn started school and lets just say it was a hit. She loves it and looks so tiny and cute in her uniform, she is the smallest child in the school. haha. She says evreyday is so different. She really likes Sr. Jacinta and the two appostulants, Miss Brodman and Miss Wertish that help in the classroom. First week the letter of the week was "B" and so she enoyed looking for something that starts with a b for show n' tell. All these little things that she has watched her brothers and sisters have are now her's and she couldn't be more happier. She has a backpack, a lunchbox, school shoes, a school veil and I'm not saying this outloud, but she has taken better care of her "things" then all the kids put together, I'm shocked that her veil has been in her back pack each day, thought for sure that would be a losing battle. Kind of really reminds us how we take for granted things we don't have yet and sometimes when we finally get them, we really take very good care of it, sometimes it lasts and sometimes its short-term appreciation but seeing this from a 4 year old is quite inspiring. Maybe we should all take better care of our things???? hmmmm. Michael and Madelyn stayed with their same teachers and its more of the same but first day Madelyn was nervous of a new subject called "Wordly Wise" actually what it is is vocabulary and I really like this series, but by second day she figured she has 4th grade in the bag! Michael is handling peer pressure very well. His favorite playmate is sitting next to him and so I reminded him he must not talk to him during class, and so far so good, by George I think he finally heard me. Evelyn is also with the same teacher and she just loves Sr. Cecilia so all is great in her world. And she got her new school supplies and some of her dad's old ones that she took out of an old box so the girl is one happy little girl. haha. She is so funny, she actually took her Dad's old crayons. She cracks me up. Joe is liking highschool and Jaclyn is back to her normal school self and taking the hunter safety course tomorrow and next Saturday that the Bishop arranged for her and a few other students that have interest in hunting, etc... So of course she is super excited. I'm happy for her and thankful to the Bishop in being so good for the kids and helping them find things they are good at. Katelyn is a senior and having a good time so far, she is taking home ec and made bread yesterday. She works friday and saturday still but her schedule is working well for her. And Carolyn is set for next week to start at the University of Nebraska here in Omaha. Now for me, my schedule is insane keeping up with the above, my days end in a blur and I'm sure it will take me some time to adjust to everyones activities juggling a toddler and a newborn. I don't really care for the super busy but if I stay organized, hopefully the girls will be driving solo soon and can help out a bit. Steve went to work this week, not the job we really wanted but a job all the same, so thankful while we are still praying for the right position to open up to him. All in God's time. (someitmes I sure wish he liked my timetable-hehe) Tony is working on potty training and I'm so excited its finally happening. He has been using the potty on and off all day for the last two days from 5-7 times. He is getting it, and for me to stay consistent is key. I'm pretty pleased with how he is finally getting it. He calls Gwen his "friend" and likes to sit next to her to play. We play cars and sing songs during the day and has been dealing with being without Rosie just fine. Gwendalyn is so sweet and changing everyday. Today she was awake more and reaching more, loves to cuddle with Mommy and is so sweet how happy she is in my arms, really is thrilling to see this sweet baby all cuddled up in my arms. So normal? nope probably not--my normal, maybe so. I do look forward to maybe a weekend away sometime down the road, maybe we can just go to a state park or something before winter sets in, life has been so busy and seems to be getting busier, we're hoping we can slow things down a bit even if its for one day....until then....normal is what we got.
No comments:
Post a Comment