We bought our Christmas tree on Saturday..Let it sit for a couple of days before putting the decorations on it. So, as of last night, it is complete. I am the control freak when it comes to putting the lights on. I like to do it. It is not perfect, but it's my job. In my family growing up, I remember Mom used to do it, usually with the help of my brother Tom. As the kids and I were putting things on, I was remembering when they were much smaller, and so many ornaments were broken. That's why I invested in many metal or brass ornaments. They just take a licking and keep on ticking. But, this got me to thinking..What kind of Christmas tree person are we? We used to have an artificial tree, and that got worn out. So, we decided that each year, we would make the trip to the mountains and cut our own. That got to be quite expensive because it also included a trip to eat out, and gas. So, the last couple of years, we just bought one from town. But, we really like the real trees. I have also found that the baby Donald, who is nine months old, goes no where near it because it pokes. I really wondered what he would do with it. He just looks. Our tree is not the most beautiful, but as we adorn the tree with ornaments that we have collected over the years, Don and I smile at each other. The birds in the nest ornament, from early in our marriage. The kid's first ornaments. My how time flies! No garland this year, but if I can get my hands on some, it goes up! Lots of lights, blinking of course, but they are all white. Yes, after Christmas, I want to hit the clearance racks and get some colored lights as well. To me, chaos is beautiful. It has so many memories attached, and it may not be the best dressed tree, but it is ours. The kids help to put the ornaments on, so I go behind and try to spread them out evenly.
What kind of Christmas tree are you? Who puts the lights on? What does yours look like? Is there a star on top, or an angel? Who puts the lights on? We grew up with an angel on top, so that's what we have. No ribbons or bows, but there are some cute fake Christmas-y flowers poking out here and there that add a nice look. Most of the ornaments are one's that we bought individually over the years. Those one's that come in the box, you know, the glass one's that if you breathe on them, they break? Those met their demise long ago. I want to invest in the plastic ones that look just like the glass. Also, for a cute quiz on what part of the Christmas tree you happen to be, click the link
I'll post what I am later..hehehheeee..
Also, just wanted to make it known that I got my card mailed to Terrie before she did ours! YEY! One year, just wanted to beat her this one year! She never thought I would actually get them out. I sat last night filling them out to many ladies on the UMM list, and am not yet done, but this year, things came together for me. I had the cards, and stamps, all at the same time! I know that seems silly, but for me, it's quite an accomplishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment