
Well, one of the biggest eyesores in the house that I just haven't had the time or energy to tackle has been my bedroom. The summer I painted the house, I never made it to my bedroom. Anyway, the situation up thier is there was once wall paper, and the previous owner (not the brightest crayon in the box) had tried to pull the wall paper down but couldn't get the brown backing, so instead of removing it properly she staples fabric wall to wall in my bedroom. I pulled down the fabric leaving staples all over the place and peeling brown paper and adhesive! What a mess and it looks horrible.
Well a few months ago Steve bought me a Shark steamer. Mine not only does floor but does all surfaces-some are just for floors. It is the best thing Steve ever bought me. It has so many uses, and the time it saves. My kitchen floor is stone ceramic and does not come clean easily. Easy a 1 hour job...this baby gets it done in 8 minutes flat! Well now that the kids are off all next week, I decided to see what it would do....woooosh~ I got two walls done today. I probably worked a total of 2 hours. It is leaving this turquoise colored walls but I can live with that until Easter vacation when I will paint the room. Its a lot better than brown paper, peeling no less. Above is a pic of Katie, and you can see in the background the wall. In a few days I'll post the new room...it will be better than it was.
Oh, back to my steamer. I steam everything, countertops, toothbrushes, sponges, toilets, floors, walls...any surface in the house! Its great. I highly suggest it. The one I got was about 85 dollars or so, but they make small ones for surfaces and ones just for floors, mine is an all in one, but I told Steve the other day I would like a small one for when I just want to do countertops and stuff like that.
anyhow, here is the link below...I think it is totally worth every penny.
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/622356/622356516129md.jpg
Well a few months ago Steve bought me a Shark steamer. Mine not only does floor but does all surfaces-some are just for floors. It is the best thing Steve ever bought me. It has so many uses, and the time it saves. My kitchen floor is stone ceramic and does not come clean easily. Easy a 1 hour job...this baby gets it done in 8 minutes flat! Well now that the kids are off all next week, I decided to see what it would do....woooosh~ I got two walls done today. I probably worked a total of 2 hours. It is leaving this turquoise colored walls but I can live with that until Easter vacation when I will paint the room. Its a lot better than brown paper, peeling no less. Above is a pic of Katie, and you can see in the background the wall. In a few days I'll post the new room...it will be better than it was.
Oh, back to my steamer. I steam everything, countertops, toothbrushes, sponges, toilets, floors, walls...any surface in the house! Its great. I highly suggest it. The one I got was about 85 dollars or so, but they make small ones for surfaces and ones just for floors, mine is an all in one, but I told Steve the other day I would like a small one for when I just want to do countertops and stuff like that.
anyhow, here is the link below...I think it is totally worth every penny.
http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/622356/622356516129md.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment